Baristas of the Month - February: Pernille & Peter ColbyCafe / Coffee Shop: Blue Zucchini
Location: 7-9 Church Street, Tetbury, UK
Instagram: @BlueZucchini Facebook: The Blue Zucchini
How could we not feature the Baristas of this absolute gem of a cafe in The Cotswolds? One could spend hours drinking great coffee and eating superb food in the eclectic surroundings of the Blue Zucchini in Tetbury. The welcome is warm and buzzing with every inch of the place filled with both interesting people and objects. Say hello to our February Baristas of the month, Pernille and Peter! Welcome to the Blue Zucchini.
1. Your coffee shop/café:
Blue Zucchini on Church Street in beautiful Tetbury.
2. Describe your location/interior:
Eclectic world traveller.
3. Favourite Chef Works item and why:
Our Manhattan and Berkeley denim bib aprons – they are functional, tough and very cool.
4. First job:
I was a dancer and Peter started as a Bus Boy in Soho, London, UK.
5. Your favourite coffee beans/machine:
The amazing Formula 442 Triple Certified from Bristol Twenty Tea & Coffee Co.
6. Your awards/achievements:
Hundreds and thousands of happy customers!
7. Why did you become Baristas?
8. Your speciality coffee:
Espresso Macchiato. It’s our Chef and Barista, Pete’s, rocket fuel.
9. Favourite dish to eat with a coffee:
Baklava. We sell some authentic delicious Baklava made for us by a talented Syrian lady.
10. Weirdest thing you ever tasted:
Pete ate a boiled Goat in Afghanistan – a great honour!
11. Favourite ice cream flavour (other than coffee!):
12. Favourite coffee topping:
None, why would you?
13. Favourite wine:
14. Who would you most like to make coffee for?
Anyone nice is welcome.
15. Who would you least like to make coffee for?
Anyone not nice…
16. Favourite things to do when not making coffee:
I am a mad marathon runner.
17. Your latest project:
Pete is off to Sudan cross the Bayuda Desert on a Camel.
18. Favourite city and why:
Nice in the South of France, for the weather, people, food and sea.
19. Your greatest indulgence:
20. Your all time best barista tip:
Don’t be a d**k, just be nice!
If you would like to be featured as a Barista of Month please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photography: Courtesy of Blue Zucchini.