We took a moment in-between shifts to chat with his worldly chef on everything from eating out on the Keys to his 4th of July must-have. Read on for our July Chef of the Month, Chef Stephen Belie!
1. Describe your restaurant in one word?
2. How would you define “Modern Tropical Cuisine,” and do you incorporate the flavors of the region into your menu?
Given the abundance of local fresh fish contained in the waters surrounding Little Palm Island, our seafood takes center stage. Our seafood, fresh local produce and unpretentious cooking techniques embrace the dynamic flavors of the Florida Keys and the Caribbean.
3. Describe a perfect day eating out in the Florida Keys.
Stunning blue water, clear sky, and a calm ocean breeze. A great rum drink and a shady outdoor table at a favorite Cuban restaurant.
4. Best/worst thing about being a chef?
Best thing is the ability to be creative. The worst thing about being a chef is when I am dining out, I am constantly critiquing in my head.
5. Fourth of July BBQ must-have?
Peach Wood Smoked Kobe Tri-Tip.
Follow Chef Stephen on Social Media!