Dubai, UAEName: Chef Matias Ayala Age: 33 Nationality: Argentinian Country of Residence: United Arab Emirates
1. Your Restaurant/Business:
Hilton Dubai, The Walk, UAE.
2. About Your Kitchen:
The best ingredients mixed with different cooking methods and a lot of passion.
3. Your Favorite Chef Works Item:
My new chef coats - the V-series Lyss, they are really good.
4. First Job:
In a small restaurant in my home town.
5. Your Favorite Cookbook:
"Under Pressure: Cooking Sous Vide" by Thomas Keller
6. Your Awards:
Hilton F&B Master Africa & Middle East, Winner 2014 and First Runner-up 2013.
7. Your Cooking Inspiration:
8. Your Speciality Dish:
Teriyaki Wagyu Beef
9. Favorite Dish To Eat:
Homemade french fries, eggs and onions
10. Weirdest Thing You Ever Ate:
Copyu - a large semi-aquatic beaver-like rodent native to South America.
11. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor:
Dulce de Leche
12. Favorite Drink:
13. Favorite Wine:
Argentinian Malbec from Mendoza.
14. Who Would You Most Like To Cook For:
15. Who Would You Least Like To Cook For:
Nobody I can think of.
16. Favorite Things To Do When Not Cooking:
17. Your Latest Project:
The opening of Pure Sky Lounge Restaurant & Bar in Dubai.
18. Favorite City and Why:
Buenos Aires, Argentina, because it is really fun and diverse.
19. Your Greatest Indulgence:
Is to receive good comments for our food.
20. Your All Time Best Culinary Tip:
Cook with passion and love.